Welcome to the Abundant Boss Lady Resources page
These are my top go-to tools and software that I use every day in my businesses. I’ve also included my favorite business and personal development books since you won’t catch me long without reading a book.
Disclosure: The page contains affiliate links which means I may earn a commission if you use them at no additional cost to you. See my full disclosure. Thank you for your support!
Domain Name & Hosting
There are two foundational tools that you need to start your own blog or website. A domain name and hosting account. Ready to start your own blog or website? Check out our 3 part Boss Lady Blogger Series to get started today!
- NameCheap: NameCheap is one of the cheapest places to buy domain names. Their domain names include WhoisGuard privacy protection which ensures that your private information remains safe.
- Siteground: I’m a Gemini and I have this constant drive to create. Siteground’s GrowBig plan allows me to test out my new blog ideas without me having to constantly purchase new hosting accounts. Also, their customer service team is freaking AMAZING!
WordPress Themes & Plugins
- Restored 316: First impressions are key, especially in the online space. No matter how good your content may be, peeps don’t want to spend time on an ugly website. I currently use the Captivating theme from Restored 316. It is a child theme that is run on the Genesis Framework.
- Bluchic: If you are brand new to this blogging thing I recommend Bluchic. They have beautiful feminine WordPress themes that don’t require you to deal with code. I used their Isabella theme for the first year of my blogging journey.
- Tailwind: Pinterest is a free way to drive traffic to a blog. However, as a boss lady I don’t have the time nor do I want to be on there all day. So I load up Tailwind once a week and automate my Pinterest account.
- ConvertKit: Having an email list is should be an essential part of every business. Convertkit is my favorite email autoresponder as a blogger. It was created by blogger specifically for the needs of other bloggers.
- KWFinder: Getting organic traffic and being on the first page of Google is a goal for most bloggers. Using KWfinder I was able to achieve that goal in 4 months as a new blogger.
- PicMonkey: I love using PicMonkey for quickly creating graphics I need for my blogs This software is by far the easiest way to make favicons, simple logos, and Pinterest graphics.
- Photoshop: When I first started blogging I was intimated by using Photoshop. It just seemed so complex and difficult to use. So I took a design course through Skillshare and learned the basics. Now I use it to edit photos, create logos, and all of my social media graphics.
- Creative Market: My genius zone is not in the area of graphic design. So I usually buy premade social media graphics and then edit them in Photoshop. The creative market has an amazing selection of social media graphics, fonts, patterns, photos, and more. It’s a one-stop shop for all your graphics needs.
Personal Development Books
To be successful in any area of your life you need to have the right mindset. These books have helped me overcome my limiting beliefs, trust in the Universe, and transform my mindset into one of abundance.
You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
You Are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
Get Rich, Lucky Bitch! By Denise Duffield-Thomas
The Universe Has Your Back by Gabrielle Bernstein
Judgment Detox by Gabrielle Bernstein
Want more options?
I love having options when it comes to business tools. So I created this Boss Lady Toolkit of the over 80 tools & apps that I use to run my business. Just put your information below and I’ll send it straight to your inbox!